Has it really only been 17 days? It feels like an eternity really. I am astonished at what we have been able to do in such a short time. Intention is the word that comes to mind. What a difference being intentional makes.
Here is just a quick update of what we have been able to do in a little over two weeks:
- Opened up a Vanguard VTSMX retirement account and began funding it. (GAH! How exciting is that!)
- Paid off a credit account
- Ordered the firestick and new remotes so we can cut cable THIS WEEK!
- Did a three-month analysis of our spending on mint.com (Think you cannot afford to save or pay off debt, I will bet you there is a ton of waste happening. If you eliminate the waste, you can do some BIG things.)
- Reduced our cell phone bill by $25 – I know that’s not much, but we have a 3 month plan to reduce it even further. Every dollar counts.
- Cut out several unnecessary items in our budget for a total monthly savings of: $200
- We stuck to our weekly meal plan. (which means money saved on food)
- And the BIGGIE…We stuck to our budget and discretionary spending for the month of July!!! – REALLY! This is HUGE. I don’t know how many times I have to readjust the next months budget due to overspending in the previous month.
In the coming weeks our goal is to accomplish the following:
- Fully cut cable
- pay off several accounts for a total monthly savings of: $1761.00, that savings will go directly into debt repayment
- Pay off Wendy’s car
- Continue funding retirement
- Fund a “baby emergency fund” with at a minimum of $1000.00
- Cut utility bills
The above is just a minimum. If we keep this train chugging along, by our next update we should have far exceeded the above goals.
Love and Prosperity,
Your Girl FI-day.
P.S….This book is a MUST read if you are interested in retiring early. Seriously. A MUST.